|Slidell Memorial's Medical Imaging departments provide a complete range
of both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures with the highest quality
images. The Imaging departments are staffed by highly skilled and
licensed technologists, and all radiologists are Board Certified by the
American College of Radiology. Patients benefit from faster
interpretation times and more accurate diagnoses with the Picture
Archiving and Communications System (PACS), which electronically
transfers procedure images directly to a radiologist. |Inpatient Medical Imaging
The inpatient medical Imaging department provides a wide array of imaging services including Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, and X-ray with Special Procedures. All images are electronically transferred to a Picture Archiving Communications Systems (PACS) and the radiologists (interpreting physician) uses voice recognition software to produce results into the hospitalís electronic health record.
We are committed to investing in the continued health of our community. The department has undergone a series of renovation projects and has invested in the best imaging technologies to produce the highest quality images available today:
- The 1.5 tesla open bore MRI offers a short tunnel opening to minimize claustrophobia. The system offers a higher weight limit, providing an ability to perform bariatric imaging with a wider tunnel opening and maximum patient weight limit of 450 pounds.
- Two new ultrasound systems allow for deeper penetration of tissues, greater detail, and improved visibility of organs and body structures. These systems provide a significant imaging improvement with blood flow within small body parts.
- Two dual-head nuclear gamma cameras with flexible detectors, allow the most critically ill patients to obtain nuclear procedures remaining in a bed.
- Two wireless digital x-ray systems, manage all portable x-ray needs for patients. These improves the quality of care through immediate image access for care givers, greatly reduced equipment noise levels, and improve clinical quality through maneuverability.
- A digital x-ray system has been installed in the Emergency Department to improve patient throughput.
- A CT project was undertaken to upgrade the existing 64-slice CT scanner and install a new scanner adjacent to the Emergency Department. The upgrade was completed in May 2015 and the new install will be in February 2015. These newer CT systems use larger detectors, automatic dose modulation, and iterative reconstruction to reduce patient radiation dose and have the capability of automated dose reporting. It adapts scan parameters to the individual patient, and helps reduce the patient's radiation dose from the CT scan.
Call (985) 280-8585 to schedule an appointment at SMH.
SMH Imaging: Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging Services
SMH Imaging, SMH's state-of-the-art outpatient imaging center
located at 1495 Gause Blvd. (corner of Lakewood and Gause; (985) 280-5200
, is equipped with the most advanced imaging technology, providing you and your doctor with the best diagnostic capabilities.
Offering convenient parking and same-day appointments on most exams, SMH Imaging utilizes an advanced 3D Picture Archiving Communications System giving physicians and caregivers remote and simultaneous access to the most clear imaging available to enable better, faster diagnosis and treatment.
SMH Imaging is a participating provider in the Peoples Health network.
- Digital Mammography with Image Checker Enhancement©
- Siemens Magnetom Espree 1.5 (Open Bore)
- Symphony 1.5 Tesla MRI
- Breast MRI Biopsy
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Ultrasound Breast Biopsy
DEXA (Bone Density)
- New low-dose CT Scans