The labor and delivery unit features:
- 7 spacious LDR's This means that the expectant mother will labor, deliver and recover in the same room.
- 2 operating rooms and a surgical recovery room on the L&D unit to keep mom and baby close.
- All private rooms for antepartum testing and observation are soon to come after renovations are complete. We value your privacy and we are presently working to improve on this matter.
We offer a wide array of services including:
- Mom365 - baby’s first portrait – right in the hospital.
And it doesn’t stop here. Moms can choose to purchase a wide variety of
amazing portrait packages, irresistible birth announcements and
keepsakes to celebrate the baby.
Visit their website at mom365.com.
- Specialized, comprehensive treatment of obstetrical complications and emergencies
- Anesthesiologist in house coverage 24 hours/day
- Neonatal nurse practitioner in house coverage 24 hours/day
- Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) providing the highest level of care to your baby for that extra special care when needed
- 'Airstrip OB' monitoring allows your doctor to view your baby's heart rate tracing, contractions, maternal vital signs and nursing documentation at anytime, from anywhere.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants on staff offering inpatient and outpatient support and consults
- SMH Birthing Center offers Lamaze classes, L&D unit tours, breastfeeding clinic,sibling and BABY LOVE classes
The SMH Nursery/NICU, labor & delivery and postpartum staff work together with the shared compassion to provide you and your baby the best birthing experience while maintaining the highest level of skill, training and competence to manage life's unexpected emergencies. It is a privilege and a pleasure to do what we do everyday.
Everyday is a birthday for us....