The labor and delivery unit features:
- 7 spacious LDR's. This means that the expectant mother will be able to labor, deliver and recover for the first few hours after birth in the same room.
- 2 operating rooms and a surgical recovery room on the L&D unit to keep mom and baby close.
We offer a wide array of services including:
- Mom365 - baby’s first portrait – right in the hospital and it doesn’t stop there. Moms can choose to purchase a wide variety of amazing portrait packages, irresistible birth announcements and keepsakes to celebrate the baby. Visit their website at mom365.com.
- Specialized, comprehensive treatment of obstetrical complications and emergencies.
- Anesthesiologist in house coverage 24 hours/day.
- Neonatal nurse practitioner in house coverage 24 hours/day.
- Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) providing the highest level of care to your baby for that extra special care when needed.
- 'Airstrip OB' monitoring allows your doctor to view your baby's heart rate tracing, contractions, maternal vital signs and nursing documentation at anytime while away from the hospital.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants are available for inpatient and outpatient support and consults.
- SMH Birthing Center offers Lamaze classes, L&D unit tours, breastfeeding clinics, sibling and BABY LOVE (prenatal) classes.
The SMH Nursery/NICU, labor & delivery and postpartum staff work together with the shared compassion to provide you and your baby the best birthing experience while maintaining the highest level of skill, training and competence to manage life's unexpected emergencies. It is a privilege and a pleasure to do what we do every day.
Nurse-Family Partnership's maternal health program introduces vulnerable
first-time parents to caring maternal and child health nurses. This
program allows nurses to deliver the support first-time moms need to
have a healthy pregnancy, become knowledgeable and responsible parents,
and provide their babies with the best possible start in life. The
relationship between mother and nurse provides the foundation for strong
families, and lives are forever changed – for the better. For more information, please call (985) 871-0210 or visit the Nurse-Family Partnership website.